Monday, March 12, 2012

Funny things they say and do.

 Joseph


We received the spring /summer parks and recreation registration guide last week and I carefully went through it and pick a few things that were close to us and I thought the kids would enjoy.  Isabella who seems to have embraced being a little more independent was eager to sign up for dance and gymnastics.
Joseph was a little less eager to sign up for well..anything.

Me:  Joseph the school across the street will be doing Kung Fu lessons. Would you be interesting in trying that?

Joseph: Nah

Me:  What about Basketball?

Joseph: Nah

Me: What about floor hockey?  You don't have to know how to skate you just run around and play.

Joseph:  No I think I would get hot with all the equipment.

Me: Alright buddy but I would really like you to try a new sport.  We have already signed up for baseball and I would like you to pick one more.

Joseph:  What about bowling?  Bowling is a sport right?


Isabella

Then just mere moments ago I am summoned to Isabella's room while she screams my name in terror.

Isabella:  MOMMY!! MOMMY!!

Me:  Isabella whats the matter??

Isabella: I have a sticker stuck up my nose.

Me: What? (It is difficult to understand her she is sobbing and yelling)

Isabella: There is a sticker stuck up my nose..GET IT OUT!! GET IT OUT!!

I get Isabella to blow her nose and sure enough I can see just a little piece of green foam peaking out the end of her nose. With a few more blows and a tug we remove the small round foam sticker from her nose. Then I tell her the story of her Dad and the smarty give her a hug and send her off to bed.

Madeline

Madeline's story is not as good without the visual but it is still pretty funny.


Me: Ok Madeline go upstairs we need to get your diaper on for bed. (She is toilet trained during the day but not through the night)

Madeline: OK (she runs ahead into her room and I am distracted by another one of the kids for something before I catch up to her in her room)

Me: (As I walk down the hall) How are you doing Madeline? Did you pick a diaper?

Madeline:  I put my diaper on.

Madeline is lying completely naked on the floor legs in the air trying to wrap the diaper around herself.
It was quite a sight and goes to show you how independent she is already.

No comments:

Post a Comment