Sunday, December 11, 2011

Visit to Santa

Santa is a hot topic around here because Isabella and Madeline are super excited and Joseph is asking a lot of questions of suspect.  We went to the pre-parade event at Manitoba Hydro which was awesome with the exception of Santa.  Clearly it was only one of Santa's "helpers" because underneath the suit it was a skinny brown guy who judging by his lack of ho hos was less than thrilled to be helping out Santa that particular day.  Joseph says "I'm not going to say anything to him but he doesn't look like Santa at all".  Then we went to the mall where Santa was hanging out taking requests and giving out candy canes.  Madeline kept waving to him so we decided to give it a shot and say hello.  While we waited our turn in line Joseph said "Do you think that is the 'real' Santa?"  I said "It sure looks like him."  Joseph then proceed to tell me how a kid named Brock at his school said the mall Santa was just a "helper" and not the real Santa.  I said" Well son Brock is an idiot" .....in my head. Then I really said "Could be...perhaps an elf??"  Anyway after a chit chat with Santa (who promised to give us a new wide receiver for Christmas) and a few moments of hesitation from Madeline we managed to get a cute family photo with the big man himself.


Merry Christmas



No comments:

Post a Comment